Reports from a Florida news outlet indicate that the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake’s Summer of the Legends tour stop planned for Aug. 16 is still on as scheduled. Rumors have been circulating that the two as well as several of Jay’s Roc Nation artists had joined in solidarity with Stevie Wonder‘s boycott of the Sunshine State.
According to Local 10, an executive affiliated with the tour made the confirmation. The concert, the final date of the tour, is slated to be at the Sun Life Stadium.
Wonder made his boycott announcement at a Canadian music festival, saying that he refuses to play gigs in states where the “Stand Your Ground” law exists as a response to the verdict in George Zimmerman’s criminal trial for the death of Trayvon Martin.
- After the Jury speaks, the hate grows, boycotts in FL across the lands (drses.wordpress.com)
- Madonna joins boycott against Florida ‘stand your ground’ law (madonnalicious.typepad.com)
- PolitiFact: Are Jay Z and Justin Timberlake joining Florida boycott? (miamiherald.com)
- Celebs join Stevie Wonder’s Florida Boycott for Zimmerman Verdict (keepinitmoist.com)
- Artists Join Stevie Wonder To Boycott Florida Over ‘Stand Your Ground’ Laws (youthandeldersja.wordpress.com)
- Kanye West, other celebs join Stevie Wonder’s Florida boycott (redalertpolitics.com)